South Setauket dad denies assaulting, abusing his 5-week-old son on multiple occasions

A South Setauket father of two is denying that he assaulted and abused his 5-week-old son.
Vincent Distasi is accused of choking, smothering, slapping, shaking, throwing and punching the infant on multiple occasions.
He did not enter a plea when he faced a judge on Tuesday. Instead, he denied the charges.
Prosecutors say doctors discovered a brain bleed and rib and arm fractures when the boy was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital last week. He's currently in critical condition.
According to court paperwork, Distasi allegedly engaged in the alleged physical abuse from Jan. 10 to Jan 21 at his home on Strathmore Village Drive.
Distasi's family was in court to support him. Distasi's attorney says they do not necessarily agree with the allegations being made against him.
“Our primary concern is his care and his well-being. We will launch our own investigation and we will review this discovery very carefully, evidently there is audio and video footage," said Anthony LaPinta.
Police executed a search warrant and obtained Ring video, which according to court paperwork, is partly what led to Distasi's arrest, along with conversations with medical professionals at the hospital.
Distasi walked out of court after posting bail that was set at $300,000 cash or bond.
There are orders of protection to prevent him from seeing both of his children.