What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace Lemon potatoes
Chef Alex Homenides, of the Athenian Greek Taverna in Commack, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make lemon potatoes.
• 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 cup olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
• ½ cup chopped onions
• 3 tablespoons grated cheese
• 2 teaspoons salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 chicken stock
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-by-9 inch baking dish and combine all ingredients; toss well to coat and mix well.
Bake the potatoes for 90 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through. If you like, preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve.