Official: Unattended candle sparks fire at Cedar Cove Apartments in Seaford
An unattended candle sparked a blaze at a Seaford apartment complex, officials say.
The fire broke out at Cedar Cove Apartments after midnight.
The Wantagh fire chief tells News 12 Long Island that the candle inside the co-op set a bedspread on fire, and it quickly spread to the rest of the apartment.
The three tenants were treated at the scene for minor injuries, but they can't return to the apartment because of the damage.