Stew Leonard's and Islip bakery point fingers over death caused by mislabeled cookie

A bitter blame game is playing out over the death of a 25-year-old woman caused by a mislabeled cookie.
Stew Leonard’s supermarket and Islip-based bakery Cookies United are pointing fingers at one another for the mixup.
Orla Baxendale died from a food allergy reaction after eating a cookie that contained peanuts. The cookie’s packaging did not list peanuts as an ingredient.
Stew Leonard Jr. said the bakery was to blame for not notifying them that peanuts would be added to the recipe. The bakery says it notified Stew Leonard’s of the change in July.
The victim was from the United Kingdom. She was living in New York to pursue her dream of being a dancer.