Christmas tree to blame for Setauket fire
A Christmas tree is to blame for a fire that gutted a home in Setauket on Christmas Eve.
The two-story home on Northridge Road was completely destroyed in the flames Wednesday night.
The homeowner told News 12 that a Christmas tree somehow went up in flames and spread to the rest of the home within seconds.
"I turned around to get the fire extinguisher, and then the house was on fire in 5 seconds," said Angelika Bergamaschi. "We will rebuild, and we are OK."
The family, including two young children, were able to make it out of the home unharmed.