WOOF! 8 tips for traveling with your ‘fur-ever’ friend
Traveling with a pet this holiday season?
Here are some tips to make it easier for you and your best friend:
1. Consider a microchip! If your dog or cat is separated from you, a shelter or a veterinarian can read the chip, and they can then track you down through a worldwide database.
2. Plan ahead as airlines and hotels may limit the number of pets.
3. Get a pet crate or carrier to keep your pet safe during the trip. Get a crate early and get your pet used to it.
4. Don't leave your pet alone! When left alone, your pet will try to find you, and could get lost.
5. If traveling by car, be prepared by having a supply of water and food.
6. Call your hotel and ask them about their hotel pet policies.
7. Research pet services in your destination. Find the nearest veterinarian. Find the nearest dog parks and pet friendly restaurants.
8. When traveling, keep your pet on their normal schedule by feeding them and taking them for their walk as close to the regular time as possible.