What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's stuffed turkey breast with apple cornbread stuffing
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make stuffed turkey breast with apple cornbread stuffing.
• 2 ea. Boneless Turkey Breasts
• 2 lbs. Apple Cornbread Stuffing (recipe below)
• 1 tsp. Salt
• ½ tsp. Pepper
• ¼ cup olive oil.
1. Butterfly each Turkey Breast by placing the breast skin side down and making a centered cut from right to left and a centered cut from left to right (making sure not to cut all the way through) creating a pocket.
2. Place one pound of stuffing in each turkey breast.
3. Fold the breasts over securing the stuffing and place on a roasting pan cut side down.
4. Drizzle each breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Roast in oven at 400 deg for 25-30 mins. Or until the internal temp. reaches 165 deg.
Apple Cornbread Stuffing - Ingredients
• 5 cups crumbled cornbread
• 5 honey crisp apples
• 1 onion
• 5 stalks celery
• ½ cup dried cranberries
• ¼ lb. butter
• 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
• 3 cups fresh apple cider
1. Cut onion into medium dice and set aside.
2. Cut celery into half-moons and set aside.
3. Crumble the cornbread, place on a papered sheet pan and bake at 325 deg for 20 min or until dried and crumbly.
4. In a heavy bottom sauce pot melt butter and add celery and onion.
5. Once onion is translucent, add the orange juice and apple cider.
6. Once liquid comes to a simmer, add apples, and cook for three minutes and remove from heat.
7. Add the cornbread and mix until fully incorporated.
8. Add cranberries, mix well, and serve.