What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's pork Milanese
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace
, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make pork Milanese with a cherry pepper wine sauce.
For the pork chop:
• 2 bone in pork chops (pounded thin, edges scored to prevent curling)
• ½ cup flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
• 3 eggs (scrambled)
• ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
• ¼ cup Pecorino Romano
• 1 qt neutral oil (vegetable or canola)
• salt to taste
• 2 slices sharp provolone
For the Cherry Pepper sauce:
• ½ cup sliced hot cherry peppers & ½ cup of cherry pepper liquid
• 2 tbs unsalted butter
• 1 shallot, thinly sliced
• 1 cup white wine
• 1 tsp Kosher salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ¼ bunch chopped parsley
For the Pork Chop:
1. Preheat a large sauce pan with oil on medium high heat.
2. Prepare breading station, flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Mix Pecorino Romano into bread crumbs.
3. Dredge pounded pork chops in seasoned flour, then egg wash, then bread crumbs.
4. Place breaded pork chops carefully away from you in hot oil.
5. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once chops are browned remove from oil, set on a cooling rack, season with salt. Set aside.
For the Cherry Pepper Sauce:
1. Preheat a medium sized sauce pan on medium high heat.
2. Place butter and shallots into pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
3. Add white wine. Cook wine until the smell of alcohol is burned off.
4. Add cherry peppers and cherry pepper liquid to the pan.
5. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. Preheat oven on high broil.
2. Place fried pork chops on a baking sheet.
3. Cover pork chops with provolone.
4. Place cherry peppers from the sauce over the provolone.
5. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until slightly caramelized.
6. Remove chops from oven.
7. Place remaining sauce on plate reserving some for the top of the pork.
8. Place pork chop over the sauce and pour remaining sauce over pork chop.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley.