What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's country potato salad
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make country potato salad.
• 24 oz bag Baby Red Bliss Potatoes
• 16 strips cooked bacon
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup Crumbled Gorgonzola
• 8 oz Italian Dressing
• 1TBS chopped chives (for garnish)
• 2 TBS &1 tsp Kosher Salt
• ½ tsp Black Pepper
1. Using a large sauce pot, boil 4-5 quarts of water. Season water with 2 TBS salt.
2. Add potatoes to boiling water and cook for 25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain potatoes and set aside to slightly cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, “pop” potatoes by hand.
4. Chop bacon.
5. Add all other ingredients together and mix well.
6. Garnish with chopped chives.
7. Potato salad served best when slightly warm.