Community raises $12,000 for workers of Merrick bar closed due to fire

An electrical fire caused major damage to The Newbridge Inn.

News 12 Staff

Apr 19, 2024, 12:59 AM

Updated 33 days ago

Share:

Merrick residents are doing their part to try and help the staff of a beloved bar that was damaged by a fire Monday.
An electrical fire caused major damage to The Newbridge Inn. Fortunately, the building was empty at the time, but the pub is now closed and its employees are out of work.
Residents have helped to raised $12,000 to help those who work at the pub. They are also hoping to save the bar.
Anyone who wants to donate to the cause can do so by click here.


More from News 12