What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's pasta piselli e potate
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make pasta piselli e potate.
• 2lbs. Idaho Potatoes
• 1 lbs. Ditalini Pasta (raw)
• 1 qt. Marinara
• 1 qt Pasta liquid
• 1 cup Pecorino
• 2 cup Peas
• 4 cloves Garlic (sliced)
• ¼ tsp black Pepper
• ½ tsp Kosher Salt
• ¼ cup Olive oil
1. Peel potatoes and place directly into cold water to prevent oxidation.
2. Cut potatoes into ½ inch cubes and set aside
3. Place cubed potatoes into a small pot. Fill with water and bring to a boil.
4. Cook potatoes for 20 min or until fork tender.
5. Remove potatoes from water and cool completely.
6. Cook pasta slightly al dente in boiling water. 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta reserving the cooking liquid.
7. Cool the pasta and set aside.
8. Heat oil in a sauce pot and add garlic. Cook until golden.
9. Add the marinara, and pasta water to the garlic and bring to a simmer.
10. Add the Pasta, Potatoes, peas and pecorino and mix well.