HEAT ALERT

Hot and humid weather moves in. Steamy heat will peak Thursday into Friday on Long Island

Suffolk woman says she's shocked by her shower

A Suffolk County woman says she is getting shocked by her own shower, and her electrician is blaming PSEG Long Island for the issue. Elizabeth Tutino, of Port Jefferson, says a simple shower in her

News 12 Staff

Aug 26, 2015, 6:48 AM

Updated 3,219 days ago

Share:

A Suffolk County woman says she is getting shocked by her own shower, and her electrician is blaming PSEG Long Island for the issue.
Elizabeth Tutino, of Port Jefferson, says a simple shower in her house has become a dangerous task that requires her and her daughters to gear up with flip-flops and gloves beforehand.
Tutino called an electrician, who told her the shocks are being caused by problems with PSEG's underground wiring. The utility then installed a transformer, which Tutino says has not stopped the shocks.
PSEG workers went back to her home, but the problem remains.
"While the issue could very well be an internal wiring problem and something that the customer needs to address with their electrician, we've escalated the issue and are working today to ensure that the problem isn't with our equipment," PSEG told News 12 in a statement.
Tutino says PSEG told her that a crew will be coming to her house on Wednesday.


More from News 12