Fire burning at Tesla Science Center in Shoreham; one firefighter injured

One firefighter suffered a fall and was hospitalized while battling a fire at a historic building in Shoreham.
Flames broke out at the Tesla Science Center on Randall Road shortly before 5 p.m.
The building dates back to 1901, and was the final standing laboratory of American inventor Nikola Tesla.
Tesla lived in Shoreham for approximately three years, and made groundbreaking discoveries in the fields of electricity and wireless technology.
The building had been under extensive renovations. The extent of the damage is not known.