News 12 and Spectrum News NY1 Announce Breast Cancer Awareness Month Special
News 12 and Spectrum News NY1 today announced they will collaborate on a program to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month airing on October 30 at 9 p.m. The 30-minute special, hosted and reported by News 12 anchor Tara Rosenblum and Spectrum News NY1’s national health reporter Erin Billups will highlight cutting-edge research taking place in the Tri-State area as well as underscore the importance of breast cancer prevention and detection.
“As a Breast Cancer survivor, it is critical that we join together to become a force for awareness and early Breast Cancer detection,” said Kristin Malaspina, Chief Content Officer & SVP Distribution for News 12. “With about 250,000 people being diagnosed with breast cancer a year, our ultimate goal is to drive education that will help to save lives.”
“This special is at the core of NY1’s mission of bringing New Yorkers the news and information that is essential to their daily lives,” said Sam Singal, Group Vice President of Editorial for Spectrum News. “Breast cancer impacts so many in our area; it’s a critical topic to highlight in our first-ever collaboration with News 12.”
“Fighting Together Against Breast Cancer” will air on News 12, channel 12 on select local cable TV lineups as well as on the News 12 app on Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, and on Spectrum News NY1 on channel 1 and on the Spectrum News App available on mobile and Apple and Roku devices.
Guides and resources:
- Learn about the 7 common symptoms and signs of breast cancer
- Resources to help those facing breast cancer, and their loved ones
- American Cancer Society’s guidelines for early detection of breast cancer
- Self-exam: 11 steps to check for breast cancer
- 8 places to get low-cost or free mammograms
- Getting a mammogram for the first time? Here are 19 things you should expect
- Breast cancer risks: What it means to have dense breasts