Landlord says he's not to blame for W. Babylon deaths

The landlord of a West Babylon home where three people died due to carbon monoxide said Wednesday he's not to blame. "I feel very bad," Wilson Milord told News 12 Long Island over the phone. "I never

News 12 Staff

Nov 21, 2007, 11:05 PM

Updated 6,083 days ago

Share:

The landlord of a West Babylon home where three people died due to carbon monoxide said Wednesday he's not to blame.
"I feel very bad," Wilson Milord told News 12 Long Island over the phone. "I never even slept last night. This is carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide can kill anyone in any house ? nothing to do with legal or illegal."
Milord's attorney refused to let News 12 speak with him in person. He also faces four civil lawsuits and numerous town summonses over alleged property violations where his tenants died.
One of the survivors said Milord should feel bad. "He should suffer," said Keith Celli, who barley made it out of the Sunrise Highway home with his fiancé. "These people should be alive. They should not have died."
Celli is now homeless and said he doesn't know what his next step will be.
Police have not yet said whether Milord will face criminal charges in the deaths of 27-year-old Ricardo Pearce, 25-year-old Tanisha Armstrong and 4-year-old Talani Johnson.
The town condemned the property June 18 and officials say no one should have been living there.
Related information:


More from News 12