HEAT ALERT

High heat and humidity continue on Long Island over the weekend

Family escapes raging fire at Bethpage home

A Bethpage family escaped unscathed Thursday night when a fire broke out and destroyed their home.

News 12 Staff

Aug 2, 2019, 9:31 AM

Updated 1,786 days ago

Share:

A Bethpage family escaped unscathed Thursday night when a fire broke out and destroyed their home.
Officials say the blaze started around 9:30 p.m. while the family was still inside.
The husband and wife told News 12 that they grabbed their two young daughters, ages 7 and 8, and their two dogs, and rushed outside as soon as they smelled the smoke.
The house suffered severe damage and had to be boarded up.
Neighbors told News 12 that they were thankful no one was injured.
“That's the most important thing, it really is, especially with the younger kids,” said Pete Houck.
The Nassau fire marshal told News 12 that the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical malfunction.
 


More from News 12