What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's gnocchi with corn and chives
Chefs Vinny Olivieri and Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make gnocchi with corn and chives.
• 4 ears of corn
• 1 box Uncle Giuseppe’s Fresh Potato Gnocchi
• 1 bunch of chives (chopped)
• 4 TBS butter
• 1 cup heavy cream
• ¼ cup Pecorino Romano
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove corn from the cob and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water generously with salt. Should taste like the ocean. Boil gnocchi, strain and run under cold water until cooled.
3. Pre-heat a medium sized sauté pan to medium high heat. Add 2 TBS butter and half of the corn. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Sauté corn for 2-3 minutes and add heavy cream. When heavy cream simmers remove pan from heat.
5. Place contents of pan into a blender.
6. Add Pecorino Romano and blend until smooth.
7. Using a fine mesh strainer pass corn pure through the strainer and discard remaining pulp. Set puree on the side.
8. Quickly rinse sauté pan and place back on medium high heat.
9. Add remaining butter to pan and place remaining corn and gnocchi to the pan.
10. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until gnocchi starts to pick up color.
11. Add in corn puree and let simmer for 2 minutes.
12. Mix in chopped chives leaving some on the side for garnish.
13. Place gnocchi on plate and garnish with Pecorino Romano and chopped chives.