W. Babylon neighbors want town to deal with eyesore

West Babylon neighbors are renewing their call for action regarding a dilapidated house deemed unsafe for occupancy more than a year ago. Neighbors are afraid the boarded-up home on Kenmore Street poses

News 12 Staff

Mar 12, 2008, 11:12 PM

Updated 5,966 days ago

Share:

West Babylon neighbors are renewing their call for action regarding a dilapidated house deemed unsafe for occupancy more than a year ago.
Neighbors are afraid the boarded-up home on Kenmore Street poses a danger to the many children in the neighborhood. They say the Town of Babylon had done nothing with the property since condemning it last year. At that time, Supervisor Steve Bellone declared the house the grossest building violation he?d ever seen.
"Once it's condemned it should be gone, goodbye and not a hazard to the children in the neighborhood," resident Dolores Torrento says.
Neighbor Tim Langdon says he has had arguments with the new owner of the property, who says he will build a new house once he receives permits. Other neighbors say they believe the new owner won't make the house safe until he sells the property.
The next town meeting to discuss what to do with the house is scheduled for next Wednesday, March 19.


More from News 12