HEAT ALERT

Dangerous heat continues today on Long Island for the first day of summer

Seniors forced out of rooms at Glen Cove center

The cold weather forced some Long Island seniors out of their homes in Glen Cove yesterday. Fire officials say the cold temperatures caused the sprinkler pipes to burst at the Sunrise Senior Living

News 12 Staff

Jan 6, 2014, 9:30 PM

Updated 3,817 days ago

Share:


The cold weather forced some Long Island seniors out of their homes in Glen Cove yesterday.

Fire officials say the cold temperatures caused the sprinkler pipes to burst at the Sunrise Senior Living Community on Forest Avenue last night.

Residents from 10 rooms were moved to the lobby when their rooms flooded.

Glen Cove EMS posted on its Facebook page that the building did not have to be evacuated and no one was hurt.





More from News 12