Restaurant owner, customer help save four people from burning home in Glen Cove

The two-family home went up in flames just before 11 p.m, while a few people were inside, including one deaf person upstairs. That is when Burger Boys Bar and Grill owner Tony Lagos and customer Kevin Losee sprang into action.

Kevin Vesey and Rob Taub

Sep 1, 2023, 9:37 PM

Updated 297 days ago

Share:

A restaurant owner and one of his customers on Thursday helped four people escape from a burning home in Glen Cove.
The two-family home went up in flames just before 11 p.m, while a few people were inside, including one deaf person upstairs. That is when Burger Boys Bar and Grill owner Tony Lagos and customer Kevin Losee sprang into action.
“I didn't think much of it,” said Lagos. “It is what it is. You got to help somebody when they need help. Especially we know the people.”
Lagos and Losee assisted a few of the people out through the first floor, before Losee grabbed a hose and started spraying the fire while Lago ran through the back door into the smoke-filled home, went upstairs and rescued two more people including the deaf man before the fire department arrived on scene.
“He's (Lagos) got a lot of guts,” added Losee. “He's got a lot of guts. He did awesome but you don't think. You just do what you've got to do because you know there's people in there.”
Nobody was seriously injured. Own woman was taken by EMS as a precaution.
Lagos’ restaurant is collecting clothing and toiletries for the four people. He says to help out, people can bring supplies to Burger Boys Bar and Grill on Landing Road.


More from News 12