Police: Construction worker dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Salonga
Officials say a Flanders man working at a residential construction site in Suffolk County died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to police, Victor Irizarry was working at the site in Fort Salonga on Tuesday afternoon.
Irizarry was working about 10 feet underground to remove silt from a drainage pipe when he stopped responding to his co-workers.
The Kings Park Fire Department responded and found dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide.