Parents angry over Snapchat threat targeting Long Beach HS special-education students
A social media threat directed toward Long Beach High School had parents fearing for their children's' lives.
Concerned parents caused a traffic jam as they came to pick up their kids at dismissal on Tuesday.
The threat that was sent via Snapchat and explained how a former student was going to gain access inside the school and shoot special-education students as they walked home.
"I have a special-needs daughter, and if this is a joke - this is so far from the funniest joke," says Tina Ward. "It's sick, it's sick, it really is."
The supposed former student claimed in the message that he was bullied for years. The threat went on to say, "Assault rifles and pistoles and other explosives will be used to give the school what they gave me. Tuesday 8 a.m. through Friday 3 p.m. be on standby."
The high school went on lockout around 12 p.m.
Students at the school were also scared after hearing details of the threat.
"I heard it over the loudspeaker during lunch and then for the rest of the day my heart was in my stomach, and I was just scared the whole day," says Gavin.
Nassau County police were on the school grounds investigating the threat.
They say similar threats have been made to other schools across Long Island.