Officials: Boat goes up in flames near home in Bethpage
Officials say a boat went up in flames near a home in Bethpage early Sunday morning.
They say the fire started around 1 a.m. on Central Avenue. Officials say the situation could've been worse if it hadn't been for the quick actions of first responders.
Fire officials say the firefighters ensured that the fire didn't have a chance to spread to the nearby house. News 12 is told two large propane tanks were nearby, but did not ignite.
No injuries were reported. Officials say the boat was destroyed and a camper in the driveway was damaged.
Fire officials say they don't believe the fire was suspicious at this time.