Nassau expects 2nd confirmed swine flu case

Nassau County officials say they expect the Centers for Disease Control to confirm a second case of swine flu Friday.
The county says the individual is a part-time worker at St. Francis Prep School in Queens and lives in Oceanside. The person is also affiliated with the Oceanside JCC, according to county officials.
A message on the Babylon school district's Web site posted Thursday says a child at the elementary school has a suspected case of swine flu.
Earlier in the day, Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy identified the county?s first probable swine flu case. He says that individual is a 10-year-old girl at JFK Intermediate School in Deer Park. Levy says the girl was at a track meet in Queens Sunday and did not have symptoms before attending the meet. Officials at JFK say 321 students out of nearly 1,000 did not attend class Thursday. The school was cleaned and is safe for students, according to district officials.
A second probable case in Suffolk County is a 50-year old Holbrook man who works at St. Francis Preparatory School in Astoria, Queens. Suffolk County Health Commissioner Dr. Humayun Chaudry says the man?s symptoms emerged on Sunday and that he is recovering at home. He has not been hospitalized.
Dozens of swine flu cases have been confirmed at St. Francis, including a student from Great Neck. Officials say there are two probable cases of swine flu in Nassau County, but one was downgraded.
To watch Gov. Paterson's press conference on swine flu, go to Channel 612 on your iO digital cable box and select iO Extra.
AP wire services contributed to this report.