Family displaced after fire tears through Freeport home Thanksgiving evening

A Freeport family has been displaced after a fire tore through their home on Thanksgiving evening.
The home is located on Bedell Street. Fire officials say that the home is uninhabitable.
The chief tells News 12 that it is believed that the fire was caused by a pellet stove outside of the house. It was used as a source of heat for the home.
“It looked to be all exterior, and it started spreading inside the home into the walls. They had to open a lot to make sure everything was good and clear,” said 1st Assistant Chief Albie Gonzalez.
Nassau County’s chief fire marshal said there were hoarding conditions inside the home.
Two dogs were rescued from the house. They are expected to be OK.
The homeowner declined to be interviewed.