Detectives: Woodmere house fire caused by plumber using torch

Multiple fire departments arrived to the home on Church Avenue to put out the flames around noon.

News 12 Staff

Feb 28, 2023, 1:57 AM

Updated 472 days ago

Share:

Detectives say a house fire in Woodmere on Monday was accidently caused by a plumber.
Multiple fire departments arrived to the home on Church Avenue to put out the flames around noon.
The Nassau County fire chief says the fire was started by a contracted plumber who was using a torch. It has been deemed accidental.
No injuries were reported.


More from News 12