What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's pasta primavera
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make pasta primavera.
· 1 lb. penne pasta
· 1 cup broccoli florets (steamed)
· 1 cup cauliflower florets (steamed)
· ½ cup yellow squash medium dice (steamed)
· ½ cup zucchini medium dice (steamed)
· 1 cup carrots medium dice (steamed)
· 1tbs chopped garlic.
· 1 cup pasta water.
· 3 tbs. pecorino.
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1tsp Salt
· ½ tsp pepper
1. Cook pasta to desired doneness in a pot of salted boiling water, strain and cool reserving one cup of pasta water and set aside.
2. In a large sauté pan heat oil and add garlic.
3. Sauté garlic for two minutes or until slightly golden then add all the veggies.
4. Sauté for an additional two minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the pasta and the pasta water and let simmer for another two minutes.
7. Remove from heat and add the pecorino toss and serve.