What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's corned beef and cabbage
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make corned beef and cabbage.
· 1 corned beef flat with pickling spice packet
· 12oz Irish stout
· ½ head of cabbage (cut into 3 wedges)
· 10 baby bliss potatoes
· 1 bunch tricolor carrots
· 6 qt. water
1. In a pot place water, Irish stout, pickling packet and corned beef.
2. Cook at a low simmer until meat is tender.
3. Once meat is tender add potatoes and cook until tender.
4. Add carrots and cook until tender.
5. Lastly add the cabbage and cook until wilted.
6. Remove all veggies from the pot and place on serving dish.
7. Remove the corned beef and proceed to thinly slice meat making sure to cut against the grain and place on serving dish with the veggies.