Trial of alleged W. Babylon slumlord delayed again

The trial of a landlord whose tenants died of carbon monoxide poisoning in November was postponed for a fifth time Thursday, sparking feelings of frustration from the victims? family members. Investigators

News 12 Staff

Mar 20, 2008, 10:26 PM

Updated 5,958 days ago

Share:

The trial of a landlord whose tenants died of carbon monoxide poisoning in November was postponed for a fifth time Thursday, sparking feelings of frustration from the victims? family members.
Investigators say someone was running a generator inside the house when Tanisha Armstrong, 25, her 4-year-old daughter and another man died. They say the house had been condemned by the Town of Babylon five months earlier.
Wilson Milord is facing housing violation charges, but Armstrong?s mother, Bettina Lewis, says he is responsible for the deaths of her daughter and granddaughter. Lewis says she?s tired of the constant delays and wants answers.
This time, Milord's attorney asked for and was granted more time to make motions before taking the case to trial. Milord's attorney says the town is to blame for not shutting down the house.
Milord's wife Gloria has now been charged in the case also. Both sides are due back in court April 16, but the trial won't begin until at least May.


More from News 12