Officials: SUV catches fire outside Malverne home

News 12 is told the car's traditional battery was charging at the time and then spread to a nearby electric bike.

News 12 Staff

May 31, 2024, 2:36 AM

Updated 13 days ago

Share:

An SUV went up in flames Thursday outside of a Malverne home, officials say.
The village fire department says the fire started at around 5:30 p.m.
News 12 is told the car's traditional battery was charging at the time and then spread to a nearby electric bike.
Officials say they believe an electric issue sparked the fire on Franklin Avenue.


More from News 12