HEAT ALERT

High heat and humidity continue on Long Island though this weekend

Officials: Cigarette sparked deadly Hicksville house fire

Officials say a cigarette is to blame for a Hicksville house fire that left a 49-year-old woman dead.

News 12 Staff

May 3, 2019, 9:42 AM

Updated 1,876 days ago

Share:

Officials say a cigarette is to blame for a Hicksville house fire that left a 49-year-old woman dead.
The flames broke out Thursday afternoon in the second floor of a home on Ketchams Avenue.
The unidentified victim was pulled from the home and pronounced dead at Nassau University Medical Center.
The Nassau Fire Marshal's Office says the fire originated in a kitchen on the second floor.


More from News 12