First responders save 3 from opiate overdose
First responders used Narcan to save three people who were overdosing on heroin Monday afternoon in Lake Ronkonkoma.
The incident occurred at a home on Kirby Lane at around 4:15 p.m.
Suffolk police were called to the home by the mother of one of the victims. When officers arrived they found a 39-year-old woman, a 43-year-old woman and a 46-year-old man unconscious inside the home.
Initially, police believed the three were victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Members of the Lake Ronkonkoma Fire Department administered Narcan, which helped the three people regain consciousness. Narcan works to reserve the effects of an opiate overdose.
The three victims were transported to Stony Brook University Hospital where they are in stable condition.