DEVELOPING

Sources: Multiple agencies search Manorville location in connection to Gilgo Beach case

Fire in store bathroom led to evacuation of Roosevelt Field mall

Chief Fire Marshall Mike Utaro called the fire “accidental” and said it was caused by an electrical malfunction.

News 12 Staff

Dec 7, 2021, 5:23 PM

Updated 868 days ago

Share:

Fire in store bathroom led to evacuation of Roosevelt Field mall
Roosevelt Field mall was evacuated this morning due to a fire.
Authorities say flames broke out in a bathroom in G-Star just after 10:30 a.m.
Chief Fire Marshall Mike Utaro called the fire “accidental” and said it was caused by an electrical malfunction.
There were 55 firefighters on scene. No injuries were reported.
Utaro says the mall reopened except for the G-Star store and a dance store below it, due to water leakage.
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this story had a Neiman Marcus bathroom as the origin place of the fire.


More from News 12