Fire chief and son rescue Huntington neighbors from house fire
A Huntington fire chief and his son are hailed as heroes after rescuing their neighbors from a fire Saturday.
Fire Chief Fred Uvena?s son Chris says he smelled smoke around 4 a.m. Chris woke up his father and they ran to the O?Connor home on Drohan Street. Authorities say the family of five was fast asleep. Chris jumped the fence and ran into the house through the back door while his father forced open the front door.
Fire investigators say the flames apparently started in the chimney and quickly spread to the attic. They say the outcome could have been deadly.