Commack pizzeria evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak

<p>According to officials, the Commack Fire Department responded to reports of people feeling ill at the Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza restaurant on Jericho Turnpike.</p>

News 12 Staff

Aug 16, 2018, 9:35 AM

Updated 2,105 days ago

Share:

A carbon monoxide leak caused the evacuation of a Commack pizza shop on Wednesday night.
According to officials, the Commack Fire Department responded to reports that people were feeling ill at the Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza restaurant on Jericho Turnpike.
The restaurant, which was full at the time, was evacuated of customers and employees.
Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide in the restaurant and the adjoining Chocolate Works store, which are both located in the Peppertree Commons Shopping Center at the intersection of Town Line Road.
Officials say one employee of the restaurant was transported to St. John's Hospital with headache symptoms. Seven other patients experiencing headaches from both Anthony's Pizza and the chocolate store were evaluated at the scene.
The Town of Huntington Fire Marshals are investigating.
 


More from News 12