28 people suffer CO poisoning after grill used in Mastic home

Police say 28 people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while attending a party in Mastic Beach.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Sunday at a home on Cumberland Street.
Police say a charcoal barbecue was being used in the basement of the home to cook for a family party.
There were reports several people were unconscious, but News 12 has learned everyone managed to evacuate themselves from the home safely.
A total of 14 people had to be hospitalized as result of the incident.
Fire officials say charcoal should never be used inside a home.
Everyone is expected to survive and police say code violations were issued for the indoor barbecue use.