Your Road Trip Close to Home adventure guide for Oct. 12
We've got those fall feels on this week's Road Trip Close to Home - apple flavors at a New Jersey orchard, scares and screams at Six Flags Fright Fest and then we order a big bite of fun with a side of scares at the Haunted House of Hamburgers on Long Island.
- 320 Route 34 | Colts Neck, New Jersey 07722
- Open 9:30 a.m. - 6p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Rockefeller State Park Preserve in Pleasantville offers 1,800 acres of nature for everyone to enjoy.
- 125 Phelps Way | Pleasantville, New York 10570
- Open dawn to dusk.
For the last three generations, the Coley home is the only historic house museum in Connecticut that reflects life during World War II.
- 104 Weston Road | Weston, Connecticut 06883
- Open 1-4 p.m. Thursdays and Sundays. Guided tours available of Coley House at 1, 2 and 3 p.m. Thursdays and Sundays. Ground open daily dawn to dusk.
- 330 Fulton St. | Farmingdale, New York 11735
- June through October: Open 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday. November through May: Open 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Sunday.
- 1 Six Flags Blvd. | Jackson Township, New Jersey 08527
- Runs through Oct. 31.
Working Dog Winery
- 610 Windsor Perrineville Road | Hightstown, New Jersey 08520
- Open 2-8 p.m. Thursdays, 12-6 p.m. Fridays and 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. on weekends.
- 20 Hamp Road | Lambertville, New Jersey 08530
- Open 12-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Open 12-8 p.m. Saturdays.
City Pickle is a pop-up location designed to be the spot to dive right into the sport. There are seven courts, and equipment is available to rent.
- 220 36th St. | Brooklyn, New York 11232
- Open daily 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- 19 Horsemill Lane | Bridgehampton, New York 11932
- Farm stand open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday.