Your Road Trip: Close to Home adventure guide for Aug. 3
We're all about scenic views in this week's Road Trip: Close to Home - with visits to Revolution Rail in Cape May, Teatown Lake Reservation in Ossining and Dinosaur State Park in Rocky Hill ... plus a whole lot more.
- 609 Lafayette St.
- Cape May, New Jersey 08204
- Visit website to book a ride.
This local natural haven in Ossining covers over a thousand acres, providing a sanctuary for various species. (Photo: Brian Heyman)
- 1600 Spring Valley Road
- Ossining, New York 10562
- Visitor center open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Trails open dawn to dusk.
Head back in time at Dinosaur State Park in Connecticut ... about 200 million years ... to when dinosaurs ruled the planet.
- 400 West St.
- Rocky Hill, Connecticut 06067
- Grounds open 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Trails close at 4 p.m. Exhibit center open Tuesday through Sunday.
- 64th Street and Fifth Avenue inside Central Park, third floor of the Arsenal Building
- Exhibit will be featured until Sept. 5.
- Museum open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Loughlin Vineyard has been in business for over three decades, started by local legend Barney Loughlin.
- 299 Middle Road
- Sayville, NY 11782
- Open 1-7 p.m. Saturday and 1-5PM 1-5 p.m. Sunday.
- 1201 Boston Post Road
- Milford, Connecticut 06460
Almost every Long Island has been to Jones Beach for a concert or two or three - but there's a lot that’s brand-new about Jones Beach Theater this season.
- 895 Bay Parkway
- Wantagh, New York 11793