What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's roasted butternut squash with cranberries and pecans
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make roasted butternut squash with cranberries and pecans.
Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Pecans
· 3 lbs. Butternut Squash (peeled, cubed)
· ½ cup Shallots (large dice)
· ½ cup Pecans (rough chop)
· ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
· 1 cup oil
· 1 tbs. Salt
· ½ tsp. Black Pepper
· 3 ea. Scallions (sliced)
· 2 tbs. Honey
1. Place Butternut Squash, Shallots, Salt, Pepper, and oil in a mixing bowl and toss until all the ingredients are incorporated.
2. Place contents of bowl on a papered sheet tray and roast at 450 deg. For 20-25 minutes or until soft.
3. Once vegetables are cooked remove from oven and let cool.
4. Once the vegetables are cooled, place in a large mixing bowl, add the honey, cranberries, pecans, and scallions and mix until the honey fully coats the vegetables, and pecans and scallions are evenly distributed.