What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's baccala salad
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make baccala salad.
3 lb Filet of Salted Cod
1 cup EVOO
¼ cup red onion sliced
½ cup red pepper sliced
½ cup yellow pepper sliced
½ cup orange pepper sliced
¼ cup Sicilian olives
2 tbs chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Submerge the salted cod in water to remove all the salt from the Cod.
2. You will need to change the water three times a day for three days to ensure that all the salt gets rinsed off.
3. Once all the salt is rinsed off and the Cod is ready to cook, place the filet on a cutting board and cut into four equal pieces.
4. Place cut pieces of filet in to a shallow pot of water with one lemon cut into wedges.
5. Cook until the fish can flake away.
6. Once the fish is cooked through, remove from the cooking liquid and cool under cold water.
7. Flake the fish in a bowl and add sliced peppers, sliced onions, olives and toss.
8. Add the olive oil and the juice of two lemons, season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.