What is the perfect bottle of wine for Valentine's Day? Wine Spectator magazine shows top selections
Are you searching for that perfect bottle of wine for Valentine's Day? Alison from Wine Spectator magazine shows News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen wines that are bound to make your day bubbly!
- Medici Ermete - Secco Reggiano Lambrusco i Quercioli 2019: 88 points, $15
- Subtle hints of leather and graphite accent the black currant and herbed olive flavors of this balanced and layered Lambrusco, meshed with light tannins and a creamy bead. Drink now. 18,300 cases made, 2,000 cases imported.
- Bruno Paillard - Extra Brut Rosé Champagne Première Cuvée: 92 points, $60
- Tinged the palest pink, this harmonious rosé offers a fresh and pleasing juiciness, with a fine mousse enlivening flavors of ripe white cherry, candied ginger and pink grapefruit sorbet. Hints of toast and spicy mineral show on the finish. Drink now through 2023.
- A to Z Wineworks - Chardonnay Oregon 2018: 90 points, $15
- Vibrant, with plush fruit, offering medium-weight lemon and quince flavors that take on expression and polish on the finish. Drink now through 2020. 38,270 cases made.
- Bodegas Breca - Garnacha Spain 2016: 89 points, $16
- Cherry and cranberry flavors are crisp and tart in this firm red, backed by vanilla and spice notes that soften the muscular tannins. Dense, but remains focused and lively. Drink now through 2028.
- Taken - Napa Valley 2016: 91 points, $45
- Warm and velvety in feel, with a well-toasted frame that melds into the core of steeped currant, plum and blackberry flavors. A loamy tug through the finish keeps this grounded. Not shy on heft but pulls it off. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Petit Verdot and Petite Sirah. Best from 2020 through 2028.