Suffolk Executive Bellone: 4,138 people in the county test positive for coronavirus
Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone says 4,138 people in the county have tested positive for coronavirus.
- Bellone says 4,138 test positive for coronavirus in Suffolk County. He says 12,000 people have been tested in the county, with 5,000 tested at Stony Brook University.
- He also says 16% of the coronavirus cases in the county are people over the age of 65.
- Bellone also says 409 people are hospitalized due to coronavirus, with 139 in ICU.
- He says 23 Suffolk County police officers have tested positive for coronavirus.
- There are 2,644 hospital beds, with 570 available. There are also 309 ICU beds, with 78 available.
- Bellone says there are 30 deaths in the county due to coronavirus.
- He says there have been 140 reports of violations, with 28 new reports Friday. The county found that four of the reports were in non-compliance.
PHOTOS: Impact of the coronavirus outbreak around the world: