HEAT ALERT

High heat and humidity continue on Long Island though this weekend

Officials: Hazmat teams called following chlorine explosion in Southampton

Officials say the chlorine got wet, and then the lid was put back on the bucket, which caused pressure and the bucket to explode.

News 12 Staff

Jun 12, 2023, 9:30 PM

Updated 375 days ago

Share:

Police responded to a small explosion of a five-gallon bucket of chlorine tablets early Monday in Southampton.
Officials say the chlorine got wet, and then the lid was put back on the bucket, which caused pressure and the bucket to explode.
The Southampton Fire Department, North Sea Fire Department and Southampton Town Fire Marals and Code enforcement also responded to the scene on Ashwood Court.
A Hazmat team was called in to clean up the area.


More from News 12