Guide: Where to go apple picking on Long Island
Looking to go apple picking this fall season? Check out some of the locations on Long Island.
Breeze Hill Farm & Preserve
- 31215 County Road - Route 48, Peconic, NY 11958
- (631) 876-5159
- Info: With over 75 acres, they offer 26 varieties of apples.
- 240 Montauk Highway, Water Mill, NY 11976
- (631) 726-4667
- Info: Long Islanders can pick a wide range of apples, including Ultimate Gala, McIntosh, Honeycrisp, Daybreak Fuji, Cortland, Macoun, Empire, Snow Sweet, Jonagold, Autumn Gala, Cameo, SunCrisp, Mutsu and Autumn Rose Fuji.
- Other Activities: Wooden playground, maze park, wagon rides, giant slides and more!
- 5698 Sound Ave., Riverhead, NY 11901
- (631) 683-8388
- Info: Apple Picking is available at Harbes’ Riverhead location, which has 15-acres of 27 types of apples on dwarf trees, including Honeycrisp, Daybreak Fuji, Gala and Gold Rush.
- Other Activities: Hayrides, music, wine tasting, corn maze, pumpkin picking
Harbes Farms Jamesport
- 1223 Main Road, Jamesport, NY 11947
- (631) 494-4796
- Info: Honeycrisp apple picking is available at Harbes’ Jamesport location, which has 7 acres of Honeycrisp apples on dwarf trees.
- Activities: Hayrides, music, wine tasting, corn maze, pumpkin picking, sunflower maze
Jericho Cider Mill
- 213 Route 106, Jericho, NY 11753
- (516) 433-3360
- 812 Sound Ave., Calverton, NY 11933
- (631) 929-4327
- Info: Long Islanders can pick their own Gala, Honeycrisp and Macoun apples.
- Other Activities: Corn maze
Milk Pail U-Pick Farm
- 50 Horsemill Lane, Water Mill, NY 11976
- (631) 537-2565
- Info: Long Islanders can pick from their Jonamac, McIntosh, Sansa and Zestar.
- 1 Richters Drive, Northport, NY 11768
- (631) 261-1980
- Info: This is not a you-pick farm, but offers apples in the market. Long Islanders can select Ginger Gold, Gala, Greening and Honey Crisp apples in their barn.
Seven Ponds Orchard
- 65 7 Ponds Road, Water Mill, NY 11976
- (631) 726-8015
- Info: People can select Gingergold, Redfree and Zestar apples.
- Other Activities: Corn maze, hayrides, picnic area
Wickham’s Fruit Farm
- 28700 Main Road, Cutchogue, NY 11935
- (631) 734-6441
- Info: Dating back to 1661, the farm is one of the largest on the North Fork and offers a wide selection of apples in their You Pick Farm.
- Other Activities: Wagon rides on select days, farm tours, market featuring pies and apple cider.
Windy Acres Farms
- 3810 Middle Country Road, Calverton, NY 11933
- (631) 727-4554
- Info: There are 30 varieties of apples at Windy Acres Farms, including Golden Delicious, Mutsu, Granny Smith and McIntosh.
- 116 Manor Lane, Jamesport, NY 11947
- (631) 722-5770
- Info: With 28 types of apples to choose from, Long Islanders can pick Cortland, Empire, Fuji, Gala, Ginger Gold and other apples.
- Other Activities: Market offering apple cider, apple wine and hard cider tastings.
Did we miss your favorite orchard or farm? Click here to let us know!