Three men were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Clason Point on Thursday afternoon, police say.
It unfolded just after 3:15 p.m. outside 549 Commonwealth Ave. A 29-year-old man was shot in the head and left fighting for his life.
The NYPD says that a second 29-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the shoulder. A third man was shot in the back.
Paramedics rushed all three men to Jacobi Hospital, where one remains in critical condition - police sources tell News 12 that he is on life support. The other two are expected to recover, according to the NYPD.
Investigators believe the men were sitting outside a barbershop when a white SUV pulled up and someone inside opened fire.
News 12 previously reported on a shooting that happened just steps away from Thursday's act of violence. The prior incident sent a 49-year-old man running into a nearby deli for help.
No arrests have been made. Police have not said whether the three men were believed to be the targets in Thursday's shooting.