1 killed in fatal Hicksville house fire

A house fire in Hicksville claimed the life of a 23-year-old man Wednesday morning, despite attempts of his volunteer firefighter neighbor to save him.
Officials believe Richard Green may have been sleeping and didn?t know the house was on fire. Green lived in an upstairs bedroom.
Volunteer firefighter Pete Keller says when he realized the fire was next door, he immediately ran there. Without his fire gear, he proceeded into the home but says the heat and smoke were too intense.
Fire officials say an old power strip near the upstairs bedroom likely caused the fire.