Save money while helping the planet with these 12 energy-efficient tips
If you’re looking for a change that can benefit your family, community, the planet and save you money, PSEG Long Island
has some tips.
These resolutions for an energy-efficient new year will help you save:
1. Turn off lights when you’re the last one to leave a room.
2. Switch to energy-efficient, longer-lasting LED bulbs.
3. Have your heating and cooling system inspected by a qualified professional.
4. Change furnace filters regularly according to manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Adjust the thermostat to save energy at night, or when no one’s at home.
6. Unplug battery chargers when they’re not charging anything.
7. Taker shorter showers.
8. Fix water leaks as quickly as possible.
9. Install water efficient showerheads and faucet aerators.
10. Purchase Energy Star certified high-efficiency appliances and devices.
11. Install timers and motion detectors to automatically turn indoor and outdoor lights on and off.
12. Seal up windows and door frames to prevent drafts.