East Meadow mother gives birth on side of Northern State ParkwayPosted: Updated:
An East Meadow mother gave birth to her baby Tuesday night on the side of the Northern State Parkway.
Jennie and Sergio Giusto headed to the hospital after Jennie started to feel contractions. But they say it became clear in the car that their baby was coming fast.
“My water broke first and after that…it happened so fast and I told him she's coming!” says Jennie Giusto.
The couple pulled over on the Northern State Parkway shortly before getting onto the LIE. By the time they stopped, Angelina Rose was already in her mother’s hands.
The couple conceived their baby through IVF after their first daughter was born with a rare genetic metabolic disorder called Pompe disease. They say they wanted to make sure Angelina wasn’t born with the disorder as well.
The couple says Angelina Rose was born healthy weighing 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and measuring a little more than 19 inches.
Jennie Giusto spent two days in the hospital before the new family of four got to come home together.
- John Mirando will become the third acting city manager in two years to step aside. Last year, Mirando replaced Rob Agostisi, who replaced Michael Tangney, who replaced the city's last permanent manager, Jack Schnirman.
- China's massive travel restrictions, house-to-house checks, huge isolation wards and lockdowns of entire cities bought the world valuable time to prepare for the global spread of the new virus.
- While lawmakers in Albany are debating over the new state budget, there's a side issue they're considering that could be included in the spending plan – bail reform.
- Monday's massive Dow Jones drop-off was scary for many people who are left wondering just how much of an impact the coronavirus will have on their financial health.
- There are still a few weeks before the Major League Baseball season begins, but the Yankees are facing a major setback.
- A sold-out memorial service was held Monday for basketball star Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, who were among nine people killed last month in a helicopter crash in Los Angeles.
- The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.
- Chopper 12 was overhead Friday for a look progress on the new arena as construction continues.Chopper 12 was overhead Friday for a look progress on the new arena as construction continues.
- The four-time Stanley Cup champion had his number retired in front of a Nassau Coliseum crowd Friday night.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter. They brought three puppies!