Frigid Friday, Saturday on tap for Long IslandPosted: Updated:
After a mild few weeks, the frigid temperatures are making a comeback across Long Island.
Today, expect sun, clouds and breezy conditions with highs between 32 and 35 degrees. At night, lows will be between 10 to 16 degrees with wind chills zero to 10 above.
Temperatures will remain cold on Saturday with highs near 32 degrees.
On Sunday, expect warmer temperatures with highs near 44 degrees.
- John Mirando will become the third acting city manager in two years to step aside. Last year, Mirando replaced Rob Agostisi, who replaced Michael Tangney, who replaced the city's last permanent manager, Jack Schnirman.
- China's massive travel restrictions, house-to-house checks, huge isolation wards and lockdowns of entire cities bought the world valuable time to prepare for the global spread of the new virus.
- While lawmakers in Albany are debating over the new state budget, there's a side issue they're considering that could be included in the spending plan – bail reform.
- Monday's massive Dow Jones drop-off was scary for many people who are left wondering just how much of an impact the coronavirus will have on their financial health.
- There are still a few weeks before the Major League Baseball season begins, but the Yankees are facing a major setback.
- A sold-out memorial service was held Monday for basketball star Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, who were among nine people killed last month in a helicopter crash in Los Angeles.
- The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.
- Chopper 12 was overhead Friday for a look progress on the new arena as construction continues.Chopper 12 was overhead Friday for a look progress on the new arena as construction continues.
- The four-time Stanley Cup champion had his number retired in front of a Nassau Coliseum crowd Friday night.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter. They brought three puppies!