Stony Brook University cancels Chinese New Year event citing coronavirus concernsPosted: Updated:
A Chinese New Year event on the Island has been canceled.
Stony Brook University cited concern over the coronavirus as the reason behind cutting the event at the Confucius Institute and China Center.
It was scheduled for Saturday afternoon.
- President Donald Trump has extended federal guidelines on social distancing, recommending that people now stay home until the end of April.
- Executive Curran announced 9 new COVID-19 deaths since yesterday, for a total of 48 in the county.Executive Curran announced 9 new COVID-19 deaths since yesterday, for a total of 48 in the county.
- President Donald Trump is facing backlash among health care workers for the comments he made over the weekend suggesting that people may be stealing masks from hospitals.President Donald Trump is facing backlash among health care workers for the comments he made over the weekend suggesting that people may be stealing masks from hospitals.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo said New York cases are up to 66,497 with 1,218 deaths. He sought relief from outside the state for health care professionals and said New York will return the favor.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.